Join our Team
We are experts in managing flexible workspace in London.
LentaSpace is a family owned company and we value our people because they are our brand. Every day our building teams manage everything from greeting visitors to ensuring that communal spaces are always clean and welcoming. They don’t panic, they think creatively around problems and do everything with a smile. Many of them have been with us for over ten years and treat their clients with the same care as if each centre were their own business.
Title: Receptionist/Centre Assistant
Responsible to: The Centre Manager
- To provide and administer Management Office services for the Licencees
- To assist the Centre Manager in the day to day running of the building
- To provide secretarial support for the Centre Manager
- Ensure that the reception is open and fully operational at the correct times.
- Manage the day to day housekeeping of the building, along with liaising with the cleaning supervisor to ensure stock up of break out areas and meeting rooms are checked.
- Act as receptionist for the Management Office telephone, entry phone and customer service. Issuing security cards and keys, along with managing the door entry card system.
- Must have full working knowledge of the building and all systems (i.e. Health & Safety, gym, security, fire, lighting, Recycling and refuse procedure, etc) including the company’s current Covid-19 procedures, and telephone, fax, computer and any other equipment and procedures.
- Act on behalf of the Centre Manager in his/her absence, ensuring full reporting thereof to the Manager.
- Carryout weekly Health and Safety checks, testing the fire alarm, the lift emergency dials, fire exits and release buttons etc.
- Handle incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail for despatch.
- Dealing with visitors/callers in a business like/customer friendly manner.
- Operate printer, scanner and photocopier and distribute incoming faxes promptly to clients, provide admin services to the clients when required. Insure all printers, photocopiers have enough paper and ink cartridges are changed when required.
- Daily inspection of premises to determine any problems. Liaise with the Property Department with any works that need to be arranged.
- Ensure that all documentation relating to the property is correctly files and updated.
- Manage shared contractors’ calendar by inserting when contractors are booked in, update if works have been completed or they need to return, at times liaising with our Property Department. Also list day to day property issues / incidents.
- Signing up new Virtual Offices and ensuring post has been forwarded onto client and chasing arrears.
- Assist with telephone and internet set up and issues.
- Organising building / client events.
- Assisting with marketing i.e. viewings, show offices and liaising with Our Central Sales and Marketing Team.
- Booking/processing meeting room request made by internal and external clients. Ensuring payment and Health and Safety is covered for external clients using the meeting rooms
- Setting up show offices, booking any cleaning/touch up required, ensuring enough furniture and that the patch cabinet is set up.
- Updating the Clients Emergency Response database on a quarterly basis.
General Office Management
- Maintaining of equipment. Ensure all printers, photocopiers have enough paper and ink cartridges are changed when required.
- Monitoring service engineers
- Ordering stock for cleaners, breakout room and stationery.
Record and calculate the usage of services by Licencees and input onto our invoicing system by the due monthly date for invoicing.
Assist with authorising invoices, taking payments and general arrears.
Maintain and administer the following services to Licencees:-
- Meeting Rooms
- Word Processing
- Any other services provided from time to time.
Carry out word processing for the Licencees at the building.
Ensure that the Conference/Meeting Rooms are prepared for each booking, that any additional services requested (i.e. coffee, tea, biscuits etc) are promptly delivered and thoroughly check for damage/loss after each booking.
Must have a full working/operational knowledge of Audio and Visual aids e.g. Slide Projector, Overhead Projector, Video, TV and Flip Charts also know where the equipment is stored.
Promote and generate interest in the services with all of the Licencees. In particular promote the use of the Word Processing service and the Conference/Meeting rooms at every possible opportunity, with a view to increasing income.
The Multi-Site Projects & Facilities Manager (MPFM) has overall responsibility for the delivery of in-house Projects, Facilities and Maintenance Services to the Business Centres and Leaseholders across the Lenta Portfolio. This encompasses co-ordinating the smooth day to day running of all Facilities and Property services, and first-class service to the Centre Teams.
Our buildings must function cost efficiently, and to service and compliance standards. The primary focus is to ensure that the client feels, and can evidence, that they are in a well maintained and safe centre – in turn this will enhance reputation, to increase client retention and to drive up the workstation rate.
The MPFM must also develop good working relationships with the maintenance and fit-out contractors appointed by the Exec Team. On occasion, the MPFM will be required to carry out additional tasks that contribute to sales and in achieving high occupancy levels – this may be (for example) by organising a rapid room turnaround to accommodate a quick move in. You will be required to effectively prioritise resource requests to ensure the best impact for the business from those resources; and know when to engage additional internal support.
Competencies for the Role
- Putting Clients First
- Considered Decisions TeamWork
- Effective & Persuasive Communication
- Planning & Organising
- Developing Self
- Developing Others
- Centre Quality Assurance Checks and Periodical Audit of site Management Files including contractors PPM checks, quality of work and safe working practices.
- • Teamworking to Ensure the Property team deliver against their objectives and provide high quality customer service
- • Maximising the individual potential of team members both inhouse and external resources (including performance management and appraisals, work organisation, delegation, training and reward recommendations)
- • Provide Expert frameworks and opinion and ensure contractor work is carried out correctly and to a high standard in accordance to Health & Safety and Statutory Regulations. o Ensuring that the Helpdesk delivers high quality customer service and that agreed SLA’s are met and, where possible, exceeded.
- Proactive management and benchmarking of various third party contracts and providers of outsourced services e.g. M&E, Cleaning, Security, Catering, Insurance admin etc.
- Managing service level agreements (SLAs) & Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) with contractors and external suppliers
- Ensuring compliance in all FM related areas with current and pending legislation & regulations
- Ensure that all work is signed off and documentation received prior to settlement of invoice.
- oMake periodic checks of contractors out–of-hours works and confirm access and system integrity arrangements. Emergency attendance out of hours on site as required.
- Responsible for energy & waste management at the site and carrying out reviews of best practice for ongoing environmental improvements
- Ensuring that all business-critical support systems (e.g. any generator & UPS) regularly serviced and tested and respective controls are in place to ensure such equipment remains fully operational at all times
- Ensuring that all departmental invoices are dealt with promptly, thoroughly checked & coded correctly
- Assisting the business with tendering when required, including feasibility studies, information gathering, financial evaluation and assessment of proposed solutions
- Assist with works and capital investment planning for maintenance for future years.
- Directly managing multiple planned ad-hoc projects ranging in value and size; ensuring that the budget and aims of the project are met, quality standards and health and safety are adhered to. Supervising the work of external project teams (in all cases where CDM Regulations do not apply) and otherwise as and when required or directed; this includes ensuring that Planning Applications and HSE Notifications for Construction Work are completed.
- Orchestration & Response to critical alerts, emergency alarm activations & overseeing contractors outside working hours when necessary and ensuring Business Continuity Planning & Disaster Recovery
- Required to assist and manage projects & activities when required at all Lenta sites on an ad-hoc basis (this may include moves, changes, initiating new offices and disposal of others) weekdays and some weekend working at times
- Responsible within spending limits for the Facilities operational expenditure annual budget as directed
Framework Agreement Minor and Other Works
These works are undertaken by an external contractor who also provides supervision and management which we must not duplicate. However, the contractor’s works need to be controlled from a client-side perspective. The MFM will be required to undertake this, ensure tight document control, and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Accountability for Administering and Checking Permits to Work are being adhered to on site.
- Accountability for Checking Contractor RAMS and ensuring that they are being adhered to on site.
- Accountability for the Management of key commissioning & FGas documentation Witnessing Commissioning, where required
- Management of O&M & ensuring Drawings update post works completion.
- Accountability for the Mitigation of any Business Risks By Ensuring Completion in a timely and orderly fashion
- Management of any Client Works Management portal
Assistance to Move in/Move Out
At times, centres will need support with major or multiple client move in and out. As the move in is a key period for creating a good and lasting impression, these activities will often take priority and may need additional support or resource re-allocation. Activities may involve:
- Furniture moves
- Painting and Decorating – sometimes bespoke for client
Site Management of any fitout and partition works not covered by the framework agreement (e.g. client own)
Work with the centre team to identify client requirements and provide ground support for the delivery of client works. More regular bespoke works may be required, both generating revenue and enhancing the client experience.
Property & Lease Management
- Ensure tenants are notified according to Lease terms, managing and updating the appropriate schedules
- Maintain all necessary tenant correspondence, file, and records, responding in timely fashion, and courteously to problems and requests of tenants
- Work the finance team to build Service Charge Accounts and Service Charge Schedules that are auditable and accurate.
- Prepare work orders for maintenance purposes, ensure works completion in a timely fashion and needs are met
- Carry out frequent inspection around the tenant spaces and the property itself to ensure tenants comply with agreed upkeep of the property and lease agreement
- Ensure proper maintenance of lease and property files and ensure such files are updated as required
- Ensure company policy is adhered to by all parties involved
- Administer tenant occupancy and provide new tenant with introductory letters as regards maintenance request and rent collection procedures, insurance requirements, and emergency contacts
- Take responsibility for preparing and establishing property operation manual, maintenance procedures and policies, and property management plan
- Manage and prepare all paperwork and processes to ensure tenant move-in, licences for alter, deeds of variation, and dilapidations.
- Coordinate contractors and regular business property asset registers, and inventories, with the finance team
- Ensure accurate meter reading and utility bills, and report back to tenants. Keep records in all cases and ensure supplier information is also accurate.
- Check for all available opportunities to ensure reduction of cost
- Provide all property finance coding on all purchase orders and invoices to ensure accurate financial management and reporting.
Health & Safety
To ensure that the premises, plant, machinery and work activities are maintained and operate in compliance with health and safety legislation and safe working practice and facilitate, as far as possible, the means to enable this to take place.
Management Implementation and review of operation of Permit to Work Procedures, Risk Assessments, Method Statements and Safe Systems Of Work.
To ensure that the company’s Health & Safety Policies and Procedures are adhered to and ensure that they are followed in line with the employees and contractor responsibilities.
Employees are reminded that they have a legal responsibility to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others by adopting the safe working practices given to them in either written or verbal communication, such that they do not put themselves, fellow employees, clients, contractors, or visitors at risk.
Ensure all meters are in good working order and assist teams with any installations or check metering confirmations. Make periodic checks of systems operating outside of working hours, as part of the support to sustainability goals.
Team Management (where a Team is established)
Establish regular communication at an individual and team level. Conduct regular meetings. Meetings should be minuted and any actions communicated to the relevant personnel and completed in a timely manner.
Manage absence and poor performance in line with company policies and procedures.
Ensure that you consult with the Human Resource department regarding any personnel issues as soon as they arise, and be mindful of your limit of authority, stated below, when dealing with these matters.
When necessary, following the company’s recruitment and selection policy, support the recruitment of new team members
- Proven experience of having managed projects covering construction fit out / refurbishment projects from conception, scoping, planning, budget management and control, time scale, team, health and safety and quality management of £500k - £3M in value
- Proven experience of delivering high quality work in a similar role, preferably having managed across multiple sites.
- Good technical knowledge (including construction, heating, air conditioning, plant rooms, lighting), managing SLAs, KPIs and contractors
- A track record of having improved services and reduced cost through managing third party contracts
- Experienced and confident in use of spreadsheets and other business financial & operational software packages
- Experience of tendering contracts for services
- Procurement and contract negotiation skills
- CIOB / MRICS
- IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent
Some experience with access control and visitor management systems would be advantageous
Experienced in use of Computer Aided Design software packages
IWFM Level 6